OPTIMUS is a Tactical lightweight Remote Weapon Station, integrated with a dual-axis stabilized systems, Day, Night (Thermal) Aiming Camera System and a remote system operation & control unit. The OPTIMUS provides the operator with internal crew cab protection by means of full remote operation for medium and heavy caliber machine guns. The large field-of-view Thermal & HD CCD Sensor and a Laser Rangefinder enable the operator to identify the enemy at approximately one kilometer. These advanced features allow the fighter to detect and control the threat at extended ranges before the enemy can react.
The remote controlled Light Weapon Station is constructed in a completely modular design to meet the military standard, Being Totally structure protected, The Optimus is completely wrapped with armor protection plates increasing its survivability even in close combat scenario.
Through the standardized interface for a variety of weapon, from MG 5.56, 7.62 and 12.7 to 40mm Grenade Launcher can be integrated quickly and safely. The interface and operating software permits the weapon system to be changed within minutes.
- Elevation: -20° to + 180° from horizontal axis
- Azimuth: n x 360°
- Load Weight Max: 100 kg
- Unbalance Max: 2000 Nm
- Electrical interface: 28 VDC, and freely configurable signals
- Stabilization rating: 300 μrad
- Speed Horizontal: 60°/s, vertical: 60°/s
- Weight platform: 30Kg
- Operating temperature: -46° – +63°C, according to STANAG 2895
- Remote mechanical weapon mount system
- Stabilized-platform for vehicle application
- High-resolution CCD color & Thermal camera with zoom
- Laser rangefinder
- Rugged portable monitoring and control unit controlling the weapon mount and trigger actions.
- Can be installed on fixed Installation and operated in distance
- Incorporated internal battery for ‘stand-alone’ application
- Can be used on all types of military and civilian vehicles
- Very light weight system, allow to be ManPack (30Kg)
- Totally protected: The Optimus is completely wrapped with armor protection plates increasing its survivability even in close combat scenario.
- Easy to use and provides reduced training time